Friday 17 June 2022

Friday 17th

My last day until I'm able to do the bronze pour - dates to be confirmed. It has been such a long drawn out process but I'm still grateful to VACMA for choosing my project and funding my learning. 

Today it was more of the same - playing with wax - managed to get most of the pieces attached but had to get Eden to finish a couple for me as I was getting nowhere fast.

They are to stay at SSW and Eden will coat them in a ceramic shell which is a series of layers which have to dry between each dipping, quite a process.

The rest of my time was spent making a mould for the oak leaf ball.



oak leaf ball with silicone layer, I ahd to add another chemical so that the mixture could be brushed on.





and the next part of the process - building up a clay wall so the plaster can be added.

Here it is! the first half siliconed and plaster base added. Underneath all that is half a white plaster oak leaf ball covered in cling film.


No comments:

Post a Comment