Friday 18 March 2022

A Halt in Proceedings

 On the 11th March I found out that I'd been granted a VACMA award from Aberdeen City Council. At the time I was halfway through having covid - not the best of times - and this put a halt on all proceedings. 

I was really excited but had no energy. I couldn't do much of anything really which was very frustrating. 

Today we felt ok enough to begin re-roofing the wee shed I use for sculpture. Old roof off and the wood - well, it wasn't even wood - was bowed and had been leaking for ages as well as the shed slowly listing to the right.

New thicker ply (recycled from an event) went up and and a new centre beam, then I lost my energy and had to have a rest. My partner carried on and put the underfelt on it.

That is where I am now. A new roof on the shed, strengthened to prevent the listing and all tidied, am so pleased. It gives me a sense of joy just to open the door. Now just to get more energy after this illness and I'll get on with the sculptures I want to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment