Friday 14 January 2022

Beach Walking

 Yup,

I've been to the beach, Balmedie is the one, near Aberdeen.

Although I did draw a little it was more of a word day.

 

Scrambling over the dunes,

and  a slow step, steep slide

down to the beach.

I walked along following the shell and stone line.

Waves to the right

Calming me

Farther along the shells are broken,

and I hear the crunch of my steps

intermittantly through the sound of the waves.

The tide is going out.

I find a small bag, empty 

and I begin to fill it with rubbish

It makes me feel good.

It fills quickly.

I move to a bigger bag 

and on it goes.

I stop to watch the wee scurry aboot birds (Sanderlings)

eating and cleaning themselves.

Lunch

A dog to pet

A person to greet

Walking back with the sun on my face

This feels good

It brings tears of release

Only a few (maybe more next time)

I walk towards the sun

and shut my eyes

Warm reds and orange - I feel protected by them.

I keep going with the sun as my direction

and the shell line crunch to guide my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment