Monday 15 May 2017

Penultimate week - No. 9

Another new student today. Running out of stone of a usable size as I haven't had time to split anymore or, in fact, move any. The sizes left are very large. Luckily there was a smallish piece that had been knocked off Rhia's block.

Meet Daniel, he just came for the 1st session but quick to learn.

Daniel beginning
Daniel concentrating















A full class today so I didn't get much time for my own piece of sculpture, although I got to do a little helping out here and there.

the boar

Mike finished his boar and I must say it's looking fabulous.
(I was pulled up for not being effusive with my compliments. Old habits die hard. I tend to use tone of voice rather than describing words to show my admiration - for the rest of the lesson I tried lots of different words)

Jim's new face
The new face















I'm really impressed with everyone and how they've learnt - I hardly ever have to correct tool usage.
So here are the hands at work....

Rhia
Mary
Monica















Daniel
Alison
Angela














Jim
Mike
















Daniel was happy with his final piece, a take on ancient cave paintings. He had great control of the tools.



All in all a very lovely days teaching. Well done everyone.













No comments:

Post a Comment