Friday 21 April 2017

Going Slow

The last few days have been a little stressful, not due to anything in particular,  but more because I've been feeling overwhelmed. The list of things needing doing has become more than a little long.

Until, I decided to cycle into town, pop into my favourite bar and hang out with some friends. It was certainly a great buzz on the way in. Passing under the Tay Road Bridge, the sun still out and the water doing it's glittery thing in the sunshine. Very lovely, even more so due to the changes along the river front as the V&A slowly grows up and out into the Tay.

Along past Slessor Gardens with a stop to stroll and view the exhibition of masks on show for Dundee Mental Health Awareness Week.

Check out some of the masks.

The way back though, inspired this post's title.



As I cycled home through the shadows and sunspots, past blossom that I had time to smell, over the rail tracks I spied this... looks old to me and probably part of railway dealings but I had never seen it before. Going slow allows a different perspective on the world and one I'm happy to have.

It's been a good day. 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment