Sunday 20 November 2011

more oils

The blocking in stage.. loose and rough but I like it.
this took three days. Had a terrible time with the face but persevered and am fairly pleased with it.
I've been using a pallet knife for some of the areas, robe and purple drapery.... It scared me, I don't have control of which way the paint goes which for me is annoying but, gives a completely different feel.
and the last pic. I could spend a lot longer refining the image ut have decided that I wouldn't learn anymore about the paint that way. So have moved on to another picture, this time just the head.

I'm aiming on pushing myself out of the comfort zone to do a picture with just the knife.
lets see how I feel.
I'm really enjoying painting with oils and want to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment